Large Format in Meisenthal in the Vosges
LARGE FORMAT WORKSHOP - MAY 20-24 - 2020
ORGANISED BY HEAR STRASBOURG, APPROVED BY AFDAS - TEACHING IN FRENCH
in Meisenthal - Vosges - Grand Est Region - for photographers and all artists -
Theoretical and practical internship for shooting with a large format camera
Technological questions are never completely separated from artistic issues: what can we expect from this practice, what is its use, what are its limits?
- understanding of the camera, folding and monorail and its accessories
- manipulation and development of sheet films
- light measurement
- calculation of depth of field
- specific camera movements allowed by the view camera
- shooting protocol
- slideshows: History of Photography and Contemporary practice of large format
The course, organiSed by the Haute École d'Arts du Rhin, will take place from 20 to 24 May inclusive at Artopie, Meisenthal 57960, in the Vosges, between Lorraine and Alsace, North East of France. The financing can be taken care of by Afdas for artists registered in France.
Grand Format dans les Vosges - Meisenthal 2019
© David Betzinger